One thing I’ve learned from being a coach is that a truly great question can make magic happen.
Not only do I get to learn something awesome about someone else, but often as a result of me asking the question they realize a life-changing truth inside themselves.
Every person has a story.
Everyone has something that makes them unique, interesting, attractive, curious, mysterious, deep, or soulful.
If dating has slipped into the realm of “this is like pulling teeth” for you, then I encourage you to play a game by getting someone you meet to say “Wow, that was a great question!” during your date.
Because you’ll discover something awesome about every person you meet, and they’ll feel close to you in a way that exceeds the usual Tinder hook up.
I’ll give you 35 thought provoking questions that can make first dates a whole lot more fun and intriguing.
Here are some of my favorites:
- What should I know about you that I’d never think to ask about?
- What really makes you laugh?
- What is something you wish you did more of in your life and something you wish you did less of?
- If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you’d do with the money?
- What’s one fear you know is holding you back?
- What’s your favorite book of all time?
- What is a piece of advice that you were given that if you listened to it, you would not be where you are today?
- What’s your favorite place in the entire world?
- What’s something many people fear that doesn’t scare you at all?
- If you had to name one thing that really makes your day, what would it be?
- Who has been the biggest influence on your life?
- What is an accomplishment you are really proud of?
- What’s your favorite way to spend a weekend?
- What is one day you would love to relive?
- Is there anywhere else you would love to live?
- What do you hate most about dating?
- What’s on your bucket list?
- What are you most excited about in your life right now?
- What is the most thoughtful gift you’ve ever received?
- What’s your favorite thing about your job?
- What’s something that you sometimes outwardly wish more people realized about you?
- What’s something you’ve always wanted to try?
- If you could travel to any one country tomorrow, which would it be?
- How many times have you been in love and what did the experiences teach you?
- What’s one of your favorite childhood memories?
- Whats the stupidest thing you’ve ever done for love?
- Do you consider yourself spontaneous, or a planner?
- What’s something that comes easier to you than it does for most?
- What quality for you is an automatic “no way” when pursuing someone in a relationship?
- What was the worst job you’ve ever had?
- When you were a kid, what did you hope to do when you grew up?
- What is a piece of advice you often give but find yourself struggling to follow?
- If you could donate a million dollars to any charity, which charity would it be and why?
- What was the last thing you learned that made a big impact on you or an ah-ha moment?
- For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
I want to hear from you in the comments. What are some questions you’ve asked, or been asked, on a date that have really stirred communication?
Photo Credit via @couples.goals.motivation